About the Board
The Ohio Architects Board is responsible for the regulation of the practice of architecture in the State of Ohio. The Ohio Architects Board was established in 1929 and consists of 5 architects appointed by the Governor's office. The Ohio Architects Board is dedicated to the promotion and protection of the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Ohio by:
- Establishing and maintaining high standard for architectural registration, practice and professional conduct;
- Proactively enforcing the laws and rules governing the practice of architecture;
- Board staff Communicating with and educating the public and the profession concerning the practice of architecture.
The staff of the Ohio Architects Board carries out the will of the Board by processing applications, investigating complaints, and educating the public about licensure.
The Board meets in person, in the Vern Riffe Center, 77 S. High Street, Columbus OH 43215 in room 1914 approximately 5-6 times per year. The 2022 Schedule of Regular meetings is as follows:
- April 8, 2022 - 9:00 a.m in room 1914
- June 10, 2022 - 9:00 a.m. in room 1914
- September 16, 2022 - 9:00 a.m.in room 1914
- December 2, 2022 - 9:00 a.m. in room 1914
Meeting are open to the public. The Ohio Architects Board is committed to providing access and inclusion and reasonable accommodation in its services, activities, programs, and employment opportunities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other applicable laws. To request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability please contact Janine Burnside, HR Manager/ADA Coordinator (contact information below), in advance of the event.
HR Manager/ADA Coordinator
711 (then dial) 614-728-8233 (TTY)
More information about the Board accessibility policies found here. Please contact the Board with any questions.
The Governor's office appoints the members of the Ohio Architects Board. Members must be licensed Ohio architects who have held a license for more than 10 years. The current Board members are:
- Board President: Monica Green, FAIA - term expires 10/3/2023
- Board Vice President: Christopher Meyers, AIA - term expires 10/3/2024
- Board Secretary: Douglas Steidl, FAIA - term expires 10/3/2025
- Board Asst Secretary: VACANT
- Board member: John Rademacher, AIA - term expires 10/3/2022
Those interested in being considered for appointment to the Board may apply online with the Governor's office by submitting a Boards and Commission Application.
Board Staff and Hours
The Board hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, except for state holidays. You may contact the Board here, or you may contact staff directly as listed below.
Mailing Address/Board Offices
Mail should be addressed to the Board's offices below. The physical office is open by appointment. Please contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for a visit.
Ohio Architects Board
77 S. High Street, 16th Floor
Columbus OH 43215